Easy Tech Tips
Corvair1 in the Heartland of the USA, tel: 918-413-1548
All right, short clip of a 140 HP PG, showing 65 140 linkage, for those who wonder...
oh yeah, listen to her purr!
For those who are afraid to do it themselves, easy to understand help:
Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, you can do it, we are not talking rocket science, just regular no-nonsense mechanical work, that might require a little elbow grease. Don't forget to follow some basic safety precautions when working, such as put jack stands in addition to the jack when under the car, wear eye protection when drilling or screwing ( no, no that kind), disconnect battery if you are doing electrical, don't smoke around fuel and chemicals (that can be later ), use proper light so you can see what you are doing, consulting the shop manual will help in many things ,etc... SAFETY COMES FIRST.
Just check the pix, they will give some basic guidance and ideas . Feel free to call me at 918-413-1548 with any questions you might have, or to e-mail, click here
Click on the topic of your choice to see the tutorial.
- Tools of the Trade
- Converting from Generator to Alternator
- Installation of Rafman's chrome top air cleaners
- Installation of push rod tube o'rings
- Repairing broken or stripped stud in engine block
- Installation of rear strut rod bushings
- 60-64 body to engine seals installation
- Don't be cheap, pump the right gas & avoid a trip to a mechanic
- Fuel Pump Installation
- Selecting the correct aftermarket battery for your 1960-64 Vair
- Greasing the axle bearing in a 1960-64, without pressing the bearing out of the axle
- Adjusting valves in your Vair the easy way
- What type of oil should I use?
- Starter trouble shooting